[Bioc-devel] Submitting two strongly related packages (software + data)

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 6 01:26:30 CET 2013

Hi Nicolas,

----- Original Message -----

Submit both at the same time, to the same issue in our tracker. This makes it easier for us to know that the packages go together.

> Also, is there a way to test for Bioconductor compliance like the
> --as-cran
> option of the R CMD check command?

Not really. Part of "Bicoonductor compliance" is a subjective human looking at the package and that can't be automated.
Reading our guidelines carefully should minimize these problems.
However, once you submit a package it will automatically be built and checked on all platforms which may turn up some issues.

Dan