[Bioc-devel] Mus.musculus and genome version

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 22 21:54:39 CET 2013

Hi Mattia,

These packages are actually modular and are intended to be adjustable if
you need to use other TxDbs.  Please see the main package vignette for
OrganismDbi for details on how this works.

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.12/bioc/vignettes/OrganismDbi/inst/doc/OrganismDbi.pdf

So basically, as long as you have packages that implement a select
method, and which are relatable to each to each other via extractable
foreign keys, you should be able to make a custom package to suit your
needs pretty easily.

   Marc