[Bioc-devel] avoiding call to ".find.package"

Laurent Gatto lg390 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 4 11:22:36 CET 2013

On 4 March 2013 09:57, Antti Honkela <antti.honkela at hiit.fi> wrote:
> According to the build logs my package (tigre) appears to have the same
> problem, but I cannot reproduce this on my own install of R-devel (r62117).
>
> Perhaps this is just an R bug that has since been fixed?

I believe the warnings result from changes to R r62077

prefer loaded namepaces in find.package
deprecate .find.package and .path.package

Biobase and affy (which our packages rely on) use .find.package.

$ grep .find.package Biobase/R/*
Biobase/R/packages.R:   pkgpath <- .find.package(package)
Biobase/R/vignettes.R:  vigrds = file.path(.find.package(pkgs),
"Meta", "vignette.rds")
Biobase/R/vignettes.R:      vigs = file.path(.find.package(pkgName),
"doc", vigMtrx[, "PDF"])

$ grep .find.package affy/R/*
affy/R/getCDFenv.R:    if (length(.find.package(cdfname, lib.loc=lib,
quiet=TRUE)) == 0)

I suspect that's were the warnings come from and were the fix should
be applied.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Laurent