[Bioc-devel] Can I analyze with bioconductor a microarray experiement where the distribution of probes intesisties follow a bi modal distribution?

Miguel Moreno-Risueno miguelangel.moreno at upm.es
Fri Jun 7 17:57:59 CEST 2013

Hi James

Thank you very much for the answer. Yes I understand that it is across
experiments that a given probe should follow a normal distribution, but if
this is true shouldn't the population of those probes similarly follow a
normal distribution in turn, or not necessarily. I am concern that because
of this overall bimodal distribution of the population of probes for a given
sample (but that happens for every sample) the probes may follow a bimodal
distribution themselves. I noticed that for other microarray experiments in
the same (Nimblegen) and other platforms (Affymetrix) the distribution of
probes within every sample follow a normal or normal-like distribution.

Thank you again,

Miguel