[Bioc-devel] texi2dvi error on package build

Steve Piccolo stephen.piccolo at hsc.utah.edu
Thu Jul 25 17:49:48 CEST 2013

I am trying to build my package locally using the following command:

R CMD build SCAN.UPC

I'm getting the following generic error. I looked for the log file but
haven't been able to find it. I'm sure I am doing something silly that is
causing this. Any tips on troubleshooting this error would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks!

* checking for file ŒSCAN.UPC/DESCRIPTION¹ ... OK
* preparing ŒSCAN.UPC¹:
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* installing the package to re-build vignettes
* creating vignettes ... ERROR
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,
:
  Running Œtexi2dvi¹ on ŒSCAN.vignette.tex¹ failed.
Messages:
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: pdflatex exited with bad status, quitting.
/usr/bin/texi2dvi: see SCAN.vignette.log for errors.
Calls: <Anonymous> -> texi2pdf -> texi2dvi
Execution halted

My version info:

R version 3.0.0 (2013-04-03)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages: