[Bioc-devel] VcfFile and VcfFileList

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at upf.edu
Wed Jul 17 20:24:15 CEST 2013

hi Valerie,

sounds great, and i think it will do, however, i've encountered a
problem when trying to obtain the tabix index file, required to build
this TabixFile object, with a toy VCF file i'm playing with:

library(Rsamtools)
indexTabix("x.vcf.gz")
Error in value[[3L]](cond) : 'seq' must be integer(1)
   file: x.vcf.gz

the message sounds to me complaining about the sequence names (?)

library(VariantAnnotation)
vcf <- readVcf("x.vcf.gz", genome="hg19")
seqnames(vcf)
factor-Rle of length 5000 with 5 runs
   Lengths:  704  993 1911 1370   22
   Values :   20   21   22    X    Y
Levels(5): 20 21 22 X Y

so could the problem be that sequence names are not integers because of
X and Y ?

thanks!
robert.