[Bioc-devel] exp. data, updates

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Wed Jul 10 21:17:58 CEST 2013

It's simpler than that. Just make the change you need to make.
The package will fail to pass the build/check in release so it
won't propagate.

That means that whatever version of bsseqData is currently in
BioC 2.12 will remain forever i.e. you won't be able to update
it. Hope that's OK with you.

Cheers,
H.

On 07/10/2013 09:44 AM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 7:05 AM, Kasper Daniel Hansen
> <kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have just changed the class definition for a core class in bsseq.  A
>> supporting experiment data package, bsseqData, contains two objects of this
>> core class and now it needs to be updated (specifically because the
>> example() contains a command which prints the object and this printing now
>> fails).
>>
>> I can update the bsseqData package, but do I mess with earlier releases
>> when I do this? I am uncertain because the /data is stored in another
>> repository. How should I handle this?
>>

> The experiment data repository does not branch, so you could do something like:

> Imports: BiocInstaller
>
> NAMESPACE:
> import(BiocInstaller)
>
> Code:
>
> if (BiocInstaller:::BIOC_VERSION == "2.12")
>     # do things the old way
> else
>    # do things the new way
>
> Dan