[Bioc-devel] finding specific (outdated!) bioc package archives?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Jul 9 06:47:45 CEST 2013

It's actually ambiguous. The best that can be done is to bisect the svn log for the commit that is consistent with the date stamp in packageDescription("edgeR"). This would be from the command line and in the branch for the appropriate release

svn log -v https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_2_8/madman/Rpacks/edgeR|less

It seems reasonable and feasible for the Bioc build process to add the svn revision to the package description. Obviously this would only help for packages currently being built.

Martin