[Bioc-devel] user request re. build reports

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 4 09:05:06 CEST 2013

Hi Kasper,

On 07/03/2013 06:54 AM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> I maintain (too) many Bioconductor packages.  For my own sanity, I have a
> webpage where I link directly to the devel build reports, specifically
> something like
>
> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/bsseq/zin1-buildsrc.html
> Because the server name is part of the url, it once in a while stops
> working when servers are changed.  Do we have a permanent url for doing
> this?

We didn't so far. Just modified the script that generates the report so
now a new page (index.html) will be generated at:

   http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/bsseq/

Will be a "pkg report landing page". It has a permanent URL and serves
as a hub to all devel BUILD/CHECK reports for the package.

The pkg report landing pages are already available for the data
experiment builds:

http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/data-experiment-LATEST/bsseqData/

and they will become available tomorrow for the software builds.

> Also, is it possible to setup (in a package specific way) automatic emails
> when the build/check on devel fails?

It should not be too hard to adapt our automatic email notification
script to do something like this (package maintainers would need to
use a .BBSoptions file with a specific directive in it).

We'll try to tackle this in the next couple of weeks.

H.

> Best,
> Kasper
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]