[Bioc-devel] BiocParallel: BatchJobs backend (Was: Re: BiocParallel)

Hahne, Florian florian.hahne at novartis.com
Wed Jul 3 09:28:01 CEST 2013

Thanks for the info, the package now installs. Looks pretty cool. Attached
is my first hack at this from a couple of months ago. In a way it is very
similar to what you guys are doing, only that It predates the times of a
formal registry for parallel backends. I just tried to make it look like a
cluster object used for mcLapply. I also had to fake an event loop, but
that now seems to be provided directly by BatchJobs in the waitForJobs
function. Neat!
Probably not much in my code that you haven't already solved or even done
much nicer.
Would be great if there was a bit more documentation on how things are
supposed to work. From the unit tests I gather that one can somehow
restart the failed jobs only?
Florian