[Bioc-devel] build error on RIPSeeker

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Feb 27 04:59:27 CET 2013

Hi Yue,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Yue Li <gorillayue at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear developer community,
>
> There seems to be an error in the nightly build of my package `RIPSeeker' (0.99.8) on the Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.8) / i386 (petty) (message pasted below).
>
> The error occurs in the Vignette demo. However, I have not updated my package and cannot figure out why that occurred. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This is because of an issue with the version of R-devel currently on
the build machines
(https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2013-February/065961.html)
which affects a number of Mac binary packages, and appears to have
been resolved in r62063, which I will install on the build machines
tomorrow, meaning the problem will be corrected in the builds
available Thursday morning Seattle time (around 9:45 AM).

Incidentally, there is an evaluated call to
?RIPSeeker
in your vignette which causes a pager ('less' or 'more') to be invoked
when running R CMD Sweave on the vignette, which has to be aborted
interactively. I'm not sure this is what you want.

Thanks,
Dan