[Bioc-devel] SRAdb listSRAfile returns empty datatable with filetype='fastq' (rasko) (SUB#832914)

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Thu Feb 14 15:22:41 CET 2013

Dear Rasko,

Thanks for the quick response and acknowledgement and attempted fix for my issue.

I find that the matter is improved as results are returned, but I am now getting a new warning message for each file:

	1: In read.table(file = file, header = header, sep = sep, quote = quote,  :
		  incomplete final line found by readTableHeader on 'http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/data/view/reports/sra/fastq_files/SRR345569'

I do not know if the problem is limited to my few accessions, but my guess is that it is widespread.

Looking at the report, I see that there is an extra unneeded trailing tab in the header line of 'http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/data/view/reports/sra/fastq_files/SRR345569'

When I remove it by hand I can read the file in R with importText.

So, I think your solution is to review the code that writes these files and fix the part that writes this extra tab character.

In the meantime, I have a variety of workarounds, but I and others will appreciate your restoring the old format tab for tab if possible.

Cheers,

Malcolm