[Bioc-devel] BigWigViews

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Tue Dec 24 17:44:33 CET 2013

Hi Mike (and others),

I've started a package called GenomicFileViews on our github site:

https://github.com/Bioconductor/GenomicFileViews

The idea is to provide infrastructure for parallel execution over a
group of common file types either 'by file' or 'by range'. I realize
this thread is primarily concerned with 'by range' over BigWig but we'd
like to support Bam, Fasta, VCF and maybe others?

I've started development on BamFileViews and FaFileViews classes. It
would be great if you could add your work on BigWig to this package -
maybe as BigWigFileViews. Please send me your git username I'll give you
permissions.

This is in the early stages but you can get an idea of where we're
going. Feedback welcome.

Thanks.
Valerie

Valerie Obenchain