[Bioc-devel] edgeR crashes when xlsxjars is loaded

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Mon Dec 16 19:45:14 CET 2013

Hello,

I have found an issue where having the xlsxjars package loaded kills the
entire R session with a segfault when "edgeR::estimateDisp" is called on
my dataset. The issue seems to be specific to my data, since a random
integer matrix of identical dimension does not trigger the bug. Other
than being derived from ChIP-Seq input samples, there is nothing special
about my data that I know of.

I have prepared a test case with a subset of my data that reproducibly
triggers the crash. You can find the data and script to reproduce here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e4qbd8txll5vysj/NE8xsa6bxo

Thanks,

-Ryan