[Bioc-devel] How to update a release package?

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Dec 4 18:25:39 CET 2013

----- Original Message -----

I don't see any commits to either release or devel.
Note that if you make a commit to devel, nothing changes in release. This is by design.

Only bug fixes and documentation enhancements should be committed to release; all other changes should go in devel.

That said, if you really want to commit a change to both release and devel, see
http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/source-control/

Note that you should not overwrite the release version number with the version from devel; these need to be separate, see http://www.bioconductor.org/developers/how-to/version-numbering/ for more information.

Dan