[Bioc-devel] normalize() is now defined in BiocGenerics

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 23 20:59:38 CEST 2013

Hi,

The definition is:

   setGeneric("normalize",
       function(object, ...) standardGeneric("normalize")
   )

There seemed to be a pre-existing consensus that the name of the first
arg of this function should be 'object' so I kept it.

This is in BiocGenerics 0.7.1.

We strongly recommend that packages that define their own normalize()
(as a generic or an ordinary function) be modified to "use" this new
generic instead, that is, that they import it and define methods for
it. Those packages are: affy, codelink, deepSNV, diffGeneAnalysis,
EBImage, flowCore, isobar, MSnbase, oligo, and xps.

Please let us know if you have questions or concerns about this.

Thanks,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès