[Bioc-devel] Change in edgeR interface in released version...

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Sun Apr 14 05:36:10 CEST 2013

Dear Rory,

Sorry, I didn't intend to make this change to the release version.  I
over-looked it amongst some documentation updates that I did want to make.
I have fixed the release code (version 3.2.2) so that DGEList() will
accept a NULL value again for lib.size.

Just a note on terminology.  In edgeR terminology, the "effective library
size" is the normalized library size, the product lib.size*norm.factors.
The default value for lib.size is colSums(counts), which is the actual
total rather than the effective total.

Best wishes
Gordon