[Bioc-devel] RFC: IntervalTrees for GRanges objects

Hector Corrada Bravo hcorrada at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 18:29:36 CEST 2013

Yep, I didn't comment on that, but I agree that abstracting how
GRanges stores ranges would make this more elegant. Right now
ranges(GRanges) is specified to be of IRanges class instead of the
abstract Ranges class.

If it were the latter then GIntervalTree can be a subclass of
GenomicRanges, in a similar way that IntervalTree is a subclass of
Ranges.