[Bioc-devel] showMethods

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:18:37 CEST 2012

Kind of a embarrasing question.  How do I see all methods defined for
a given class?  I always thought I should use
  showMethods(class = "SummarizedExperiment")
but the output is clearly broken somehow with many things like

Function "yieldSize":
 <not an S4 generic function>

I have known about this for a long time, but I never figured out the
cause.  What is people doing for this?

Update:  It seems that this may be caused by methods in imported
packages, for example yieldSize is a method defined in Rsamtools.
When I explicitely do library(Rsamtools) I don't get yieldSize in the
output of showMethods(class = "SummarizedExperiment")

Kasper