[Bioc-devel] Planning for 2.15.2

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Oct 24 16:33:35 CEST 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:41 AM, Laurent Gatto <laurent.gatto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> R 2.15.2 is scheduled for the 26th of October, as far as I can tell.
> Will it still be possible to use 2.15.1, possible with useDevel(TRUE),
> to install the latest release/devel Bioc packages, or will an updated
> to 2.15.2 be required?

No R update will be required.

In a totally fresh (i.e. not overwriting a previous installation) R
2.15.* installation, and this includes 2.15.2 , when you first do
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
you will start getting BioC 2.11 (the latest release) packages by default.

If you overwrite an R-2.15.x/BioC 2.10 installation, you'll be able to do
biocLite("BiocUpgrade")
at any time to upgrade to BioC 2.11.

useDevel() doesn't make too much sense at this point in the release
cycle, as there are two release versions of BioC that work with
R-2.15, and one devel version that only works with R-devel a/k/a
R-2.16.

More info here:
http://bioconductor.org/developers/useDevel/

Dan