[Bioc-devel] mzR 1.4.0 crashes R at loading

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu Nov 22 20:07:23 CET 2012

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 5:20 AM, Alvaro Cuadros Inostroza
<Inostroza at mpimp-golm.mpg.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The last version of mzR crashes R-2.15.2 on windows (both 32 and 64 bit) at loading, i.e., R hangs after running "library(mzR)". I could confirm this in two computers (windows XP and 7).
>
> The culprit might be Rcpp 0.10.0. I downgraded it to 0.9.15 (which I got from an old R installation) and now mzR works in both computers.
>
> Coincidently, before a user reported me the error on windows, I had got an R crash on linux upon loading TargetSearch (my package which depends on mzR) which I fixed by re-installing both mzR and TargetSearch.
>
> I suspect that mzR needs a version bump to force re-compilation. Maybe somebody can confirm this. I don't see any mzR error/warning in http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.11/bioc-LATEST/

I can confirm the crash with the latest version available from the
website. Also confirmed that it doesn't happen with the latest version
of mzR built (but not yet propagated) on our windows build machine.
I've bumped the version number of the release version of mzR so the
new version will be available after 10AM tomorrow Seattle time.

The problem does not seem to happen in devel, so I've left it alone.
Dan