[Bioc-devel] Can't install my package KEGGprofile from bioconductor website

slzhao slzhao at sibs.ac.cn
Thu Nov 1 06:31:29 CET 2012

Hi all,

I am the author of the package KEGGprofile. Some persons told me that
they can't install KEGGprofile package via R code:
source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R");
biocLite("KEGGprofile");
The result was:
BioC_mirror: http://bioconductor.org
Using R version 2.15, BiocInstaller version 1.4.9.
Installing package(s) 'KEGGprofile'
Warning message:
package‘KEGGprofile’is not available (for R version 2.15.1)

I have tested it in R 2.15.1 and R 2.14.0 and found it was true. I
have also tested some other packages in a smilar way and they can be
installed.
So I downloaded the Zip file for KEGGprofile package from the website
and installed it local. It can be installed but when I use
library(KEGGprofile), The result was:
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) :
  could not find function ".getNamespace"
In addition: Warning message:
package ‘KEGGprofile’ was built under R version 2.16.0
Error : unable to load R code in package ‘KEGGprofile’
Error: package/namespace load failed for ‘KEGGprofile’

Then I used the Zip file build by myself. And it was completely OK in
installation and running.
I have also checked the checkResults page for the package, and the report is OK.

Thank you!

Shilin Zhao