[Bioc-devel] Differences in packages installed on Windows vs. other build system hosts?

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Mon May 28 19:27:54 CEST 2012

Hi Michael,

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Michael Linderman
<michael.d.linderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi BioC,
>
> A package of mine, Spade, is failing to build in the development release on Windows due to missing dependency (recently released igraph0 package), but building without issue on Linux and OSX. Are there different packages installed on the different hosts? The package of interest is available for Windows from CRAN. How often are the package sets on the build machines updated?

This problem should be solved in the next build cycle (tomorrow
morning shortly after 9AM Seattle time).

Dependencies are updated on every build system prior to each build.
There was an issue building igraph0 from source on Windows (as there
was with igraph). I've instructed the build system to install a binary
version instead.

You can see which packages are installed on a given build system by
clicking on the link under "Installed pkgs" for that system. For
example:
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/moscato1-R-instpkgs.html
Tells you what is installed on moscato1 (windows system). It doesn't
show igraph0 yet but it will after the next build cycle.

Thanks,
Dan