[Bioc-devel] build/check reports and the upcoming release: windows question

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Wed Mar 28 16:32:31 CEST 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Leo Lahti <leo.lahti at iki.fi> wrote:
> Dear BioC-devel,
> The NetResponse package builds in Linux & Mac with no problems.
> For Windows the build/check report mentions that the platform is "not
> supported" (http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.10/bioc-LATEST/).
> This is due to inclusion of certain graphics tools that are apparently
> not available in default Windows systems.

I think it's because multicore and doMC are not supported on Windows.
Most of the functionality of these packages can be found in the
'parallel' package, however, which is part of R and is cross-platform.

> As no errors/warnings are produced, however, is the package still
> going to be accepted to the next BioC release, or should I try to
> modify the package dependencies so that Windows will become supported
> for the tests?

The package will make it into release, it just won't have a windows
binary available unless multicore and doMC are dropped.