[Bioc-devel] General questions about package hosting on Bioconductor

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 22 22:37:11 CET 2012

Hi John and Benilton,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Benilton Carvalho
<beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> I find the following very useful:
>
> http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/Package_Guidelines
> http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/Version_Numbering_Standards
>
> and I don't think you should worry about bumping your package version,
> as it should be done automagically.

> On 22 March 2012 20:47, John Dawson <jadawson at wisc.edu> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I recently had my first package accepted to Bioconductor and it is scheduled to
>> be included with the next version update on April 2. I received svn access for
>> my package but I'm unclear as to what, if anything, I need to do before April.

You don't need to do anything, except perhaps watch the build report
(http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/) and make
sure there are no errors and warnings in your package (which should
show up in the report tomorrow morning Seattle time).

Even if no errors came up during the package preview process,
sometimes they come up when new packages are introduced into the build
system.

Thanks
Dan