[Bioc-devel] installing devel pre-compiled binary for MacOSX

Stefano Berri S.Berri at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Mar 19 13:50:18 CET 2012

Hi.

I am not sure this is the right place to ask, but could not find anywhere
better.

I am author of CNAnorm. I have a problem when MACOSX users want to install
packages.

it works fine if they do

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("CNAnorm")

but this install the "stable" version 1.0.0

It is also fine if they download CNAnorm_1.1.8.tar.gz and then

R CMD INSTALL CNAnorm_1.1.8.tar.gz

but this requires XCode and a fortran compiler which is not so straight
forward for some users

If they download MacOS 10.5 (Leopard) binary  CNAnorm_1.1.8.tgz
and then

R CMD INSTALL CNAnorm_1.1.8.tgz

they get

* installing to library
Œ/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/library¹
* installing *binary* package ŒCNAnorm¹ ...

* DONE (CNAnorm)

but then when starting CNAnorm

library(CNAnorm)

   The plan to change the data format for CNA object has been postponed
 in order to ensure backward compatibility with older versions of DNAcopy

Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
  unable to load shared object
'/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/library/CNAnorm/lib
s/x86_64/CNAnorm.so':

dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/library/CNAno
rm/libs/x86_64/CNAnorm.so, 6): Library not loaded:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/lib/libgfortran.2.dy
lib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/library/CNAnorm/libs
/x86_64/CNAnorm.so
  Reason: image not found
In addition: Warning message:
package ŒCNAnorm¹ was built under R version 2.15.0
Error: package/namespace load failed for ŒCNAnorm¹

The user has R 2.14.1

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to install the development version of
CNAnorm using biocLite?

Thank you in advance

cheers

Stefano