[Bioc-devel] build schedule

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Mon Mar 5 16:37:41 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Kasper Daniel Hansen
<kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I still don't really understand the build schedule.  It would be great
> to get a quick explanation.  I know we don't build every day, but if
> we build a given day, when is it usually happening?

The builds happen every day.
You can look at the top of the build report to see when it was
generated; this happens right before changed packages (with version
bumps) get propagated to our website (everything builds, but only
packages whose version has bumped since the last build get propagated
to the site).

For devel, pre-build tasks (getting latest code, etc) starts at 5PM
PT, the actual build process starts at 6PM, the build report shows up
around 9:40AM, and changed packages propagate around 10AM.

For release, the times are a bit different.
These times may get shifted around a little, especially at release times.

Dan