[Bioc-devel] Installing pkg with configure with support to multiple architectures

Benilton Carvalho beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 14:29:21 CET 2012

Thanks Dan and Martin,

Dan, yes, your assumption is correct (I'm trying to do this on a Mac).

The major problem (actually, annoyance) for me is when something like
the following happens (running R under x86_64 and installing via
install.packages/biocLite):

- Install pkg1, which has a configure script... Then, pkg1 is
installed under x86_64;
- (try to) install pkg2, which does not have a configure script, but
depends on pkg1.... it installs the x86_64 part just fine, but the
i386 fails (because pkg1 isnt available under i386)... then the whole
installation of pkg2 fails.

Maybe it's just something basic I'm missing from my end?