[Bioc-devel] rda files and metadata packages

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 04:46:16 CEST 2012

It appears that R CMD check now gives a warning if rda files are not
saved maximally (or at least in my case I can go from 62MB to 39MB
which it says is "significantly better")

What is the policy for this, for metadata packages?  As Martin Morgan
pointed out on R-devel a while back, sometimes it may be better to
optimize for loading speed, not size.  Assuming that loading speed is
much better with gz (not tested though).

Kasper