[Bioc-devel] importing a function that uses data()

Stephanie M. Gogarten sdmorris at u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 17 19:07:44 CEST 2012

In GWASTools, I import the paintCytobands function from quantsmooth:
importFrom(quantsmooth, paintCytobands, lengthChromosome)

The paintCytobands function loads a data set called chrom.bands:
data(chrom.bands)

In creating my package vignette, I now get the error:
Warning in data(chrom.bands) : data set ‘chrom.bands’ not found

Error: processing vignette ‘DataCleaning.Rnw’ failed with diagnostics:
  chunk 100
Error in subset(chrom.bands, chrom.bands$chr %in% chrom) :
   object ‘chrom.bands’ not found

I can fix this by including the quantsmooth package in "Depends" rather
than "Imports," but I am wondering if there is a better way?

thanks,
Stephanie