[Bioc-devel] Tips for using R-2.15 with BioC 2.10 and 2.11

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Tue Apr 17 18:52:53 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Nicolas Delhomme <delhomme at embl.de> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I, indeed, have a different setup, therefore the script. I just pasted it unchanged.
>
> Now I'm curious about what your recommendations are for the current development version (2.11). I have read your previous email about this topic, but I still need some clarifications. Is it important wether we use R-2.16 or R-2.15 for developing packages for Bioc 2.11? Or do we have to use R-2.15 for Bioc 2.11 and switch to R-2.16 for Bioc 2.12 in six months?

We recommend using R-2.15 for developing packages for BioC 2.11.
After BioC 2.11 is released, you can switch to using R 2.16 (R-devel)
for developing BioC 2.12 packages.

We don't recommend using R-2.16 before then because it could introduce
changes that will not be present in R-2.15, which is the R version
that BioC 2.11 is intended to run with, and is what our build machines
are running (for that matter, R-2.15 is also the R version that BioC
2.10 is intended to run with).

Thanks,
Dan