[Bioc-devel] GRanges Intersect

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Tue Sep 27 06:00:05 CEST 2011

Hello,

There seems to be some unexpected behaviour in intersect(). When I intersect a GRanges with itself, I'd expect that the result has the same length as the input GRanges. All of the ranges are unique.

Here is an example that illustrates it.

library(GenomicRanges)
load(url("http://129.94.136.7/file_dump/dario/a.obj")) # 90 KB
a                     # 13710 ranges
unique(a)             # 13710 ranges
intersect(a, a)       # 12689 ranges

My setup is :

R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252  LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] GenomicRanges_1.4.8 IRanges_1.10.6