[Bioc-devel] new BioC/R package "virt.array"

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 1 18:03:19 CEST 2011

On 09/01/2011 08:52 AM, Andreas Heider wrote:
> Dear mailing list,
> I have a working, installing archive of my virt.array package. It builds
> just fine and spits just a couple of warnings when checked.
> Should I submit it or first give it somebody else to try it?
>
> I'm quite new to R and Bioconductor, so please be kind :-D

Hi Andreas -- it's a good idea to road-test your package before
submitting, so yes, get some colleagues to help. Also be sure to follow
the Bioconductor guidelines, linked to on this page

   http://bioconductor.org/developers/

You'll want to address those warnings (and any other issues under
R-devel) before submitting. For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of your
package name, both the '.' in it and that it doesn't convey any real
information  about what it does!

Martin