[Bioc-devel] Exposing some more IRanges mojo to C.

Thu Oct 27 22:31:33 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm building a package and I want to write some C(++) level code that
manipulates Rle's.

In particular I'd really like to be able to use the Rle_seqselect
function so I can slice and extract data from Rle's that I pass down
into my C code.

By looking at how Biostrings uses IRanges (at the C level), it seems
to me that the only "externally available" IRanges C functions are the
ones defined in "IRange_defines.h" and "IRange_interface.h"

Is there any chance we can export some more stuff (like Rle_seqselect,
for example) for "outside use"? I'd be happy to do things to help
facilitate that process.

Thanks,
-steve

--