[Bioc-devel] older packages - clippda

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 13 19:13:11 CEST 2011

On 10/13/2011 10:08 AM, Martin Morgan wrote:
> On 10/13/2011 09:47 AM, Stephen Nyangoma wrote:
>> Martin, I recently used version control to update my package clippda,
>> but I have not received any acknowledgement. Where am I supposed to
>> get information on what to do next? When should the updates be
>> available to the users? Kindest regards. Stephen
>
> Hi Stephen --
>
> Usually svn reports a successful commit immediately.
>
>  From the command line (I'm not sure how you're interacting with svn?
> you can review changes with, e.g.,
>
> cd clippda
> svn log -v|less
>
> which leads in your case to

> r58290 | s.nyangoma | 2011-09-21 06:26:34 -0700 (Wed, 21 Sep 2011) | 1 line
> Changed paths:
> M /trunk/madman/Rpacks/clippda/DESCRIPTION
>
> updated the version to 1.3.0

Actually here I see that you did update the version; the convention is
that within a release the versions are incremented at the third position
1.3.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.2 etc. Increments of the second position are meant to
coincide with releases, with the use of an odd second position 1.2.x
1.4.x reserved for the release branch; the Bioc release process manages
the version bumps from odd to even (1.3.x --> 1.4.0) for the transition
from devel to release, and from odd to odd (1.3.x --> 1.5.0) for the new
devel branch.

Martin

--
Computational Biology