[Bioc-devel] GenomicFeatures makeTranscriptDbFromUCSC Table Missing

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Tue Oct 11 17:35:49 CEST 2011

Hi Dario,

The makeTranscriptDbFromUCSC uses functions in rtracklayer to retrieve
data from the Table Browser (http://genome.ucsc.edu/cgi-bin/hgTables) .
You'll see that the ensGtp table is no longer there for hg18.

Herve found that the ensGene table has a column that does contain the
Ensembl gene id so the join with the ensGtp table is no longer needed.
He committed a fix that extracts the gene ids from this column. It look
like there are still some other problems with GenomicFeatures
(still not passing check in release) but at least this one is fixed.

Valerie