[Bioc-devel] bug tracker (was: graph package conflict with rtracklayer)

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Oct 8 00:22:53 CEST 2011

On 10/06/2011 10:04 AM, Cook, Malcolm wrote:
> Hi Michael&  Martin,
>
> Michael replied to my problem (stated below) that:
>
> "This issue has been reported before. The resolution was that there
> are odd things going on in the methods package. Pretty sure we
> reported this to John."
>
> Ah, yes, now I see it has been reported, with Martin replying (on
> 12/2010  in
> https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2010-December/036755.html)
>
>  " I forwarded an example to John Chambers, and will report back
> ..."  Pending a resolution, is there any advice for a best workaround
> aside from not loading both `graph` and `rtracklayer` libraries.
>
> Also, off topic, but, is there any advice on tracking status of
> issues with bioconductor packages other than emailing to the list and
> package authors?  The CPAN (for perl) offers an 'rt bug tracker'
> which forwards posted issues to developers.  Something like that
> might be a grand addition!

Hi Malcolm -- tried to disentangle the bug tracker from the other parts
of the post.

There is no overall bug tracker; it is worth exploring, though no
promises. Any feedback from other developers? I think my reservation is
that only some would adopt the practice, meaning that the developer and
the conscientious bug reporter interested in knowing whether an issued
had been reported / resolved would have to look both on the list and in
the tracker.

Thanks for the suggestion! Martin