[Bioc-devel] Installing Geoquery on R version 2.13.1

Radhika Malik radhika1990 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 05:05:54 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm a new developer and am trying to install geoquery on R version
2.13.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.8. I got the binary GEOquery_1.7.2.tgz but am
unable to install it

1. I have tried R CMD INSTALL /Users/RM/Desktop/GEOquery_1.7.2.tgz
When I do library('GEOquery'), this gives me the error Error: package
'GEOquery' was built before R 2.10.0: please re-install it

2. I tried re-installing by running remove.packages('GEOquery')
followed by install.packages('GEOquery') but this gives me the warning
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘GEOquery’ is not available (for R version 2.13.1)

and then when I try to do library('GEOquery') it again says Error:
package 'GEOquery' was built before R 2.10.0: please re-install it

How can I load the library? Any help would be greatly appreciated;
I've been trying to just install this for several hours now..

Thanks,
Radhika