[Bioc-devel] affy package and non-square arrays

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Nov 9 23:45:20 CET 2011

Hi Tim,

On 11/4/2011 9:04 AM, Tim Rayner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The latest release version of the affy package (v.1.32.0) seems to
> have introduced a bug in the ReadAffy function which prevents it from
> reading data from non-square arrays (e.g. the GeneST array plates).
> Looking back at an earlier, related SVN commit (50736), it appears
> that the attached patch should fix the bug. I've tested this on my
> Bioc 2.9 installation and it gives the expected results.

Can you elaborate on this please? What Gene ST array are you using, and
what happens when you try to read it in? I have tested both mouse and
rat Gene ST data using the current BioC, and don't have any problems.

As an aside, I don't see any indication that these arrays are non-square:

 > library(hugene10stv1cdf)
 > as.list(hugene10stv1dim)
$NROW
[1] 1050

$NCOL
[1] 1050

But maybe the cdf packages are not correct, let's try the
pd.hugene.1.0.st.v1.

 > suppressMessages(library(pd.hugene.1.0.st.v1))
 > con <- db(pd.hugene.1.0.st.v1)
 > max(dbGetQuery(con, "select x from pmfeature;"))
[1] 1048
 > max(dbGetQuery(con, "select y from pmfeature;"))
[1] 1048

Best,

Jim

--