[Bioc-devel] Making GenomicRanges::genome generic more generic ...

Fri Nov 4 22:02:08 CET 2011

Hi all,

It looks like the `genome` generic function from rtracklayer has moved
to GenomicRanges in the 2.9 release train, and subsequently lost its
`...` param.

Would anybody mind if I add the `...` back to the genome function now
defined in GenomicRanges? I'll be careful to update the setMethods
where appropriate in GenomicRanges, but I guess other packages will
also need to update (rtracklayer) that I can't commit to.

I was `importFrom(rtracklayer, genome)`-ing the genome function in one
of my packages ... switching it to importFrom GenomicRanges isn't a
problem, but I use the `...`

(here's another post that touches on the "need" for a centralized
BiocGenerics (or whatever) package that pops up from time to time).

Thanks,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou