[Bioc-devel] interest in wikipathway annotation packages

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Sat May 28 02:20:55 CEST 2011

Hi Robert,

There have not been any packages made based on either of those two
resources.  (There is a reactome.db package that has been contributed
though.)  At this point, I think that anything decent that can be used
in lieu of KEGG should at least be considered.  And we are exploring our
options now for alternatives.  Any additional information you have about
what is out there will of course be appreciated.

My main fear with the loss of KEGG is that there will be plenty of nice
alternate ontologies to choose from, but very few annotations that match
those ontologies to genes.  And obviously, the former is not useful
without the latter.

   Marc