[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Changelog? - revisited with a proposal

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Sun May 22 08:32:49 CEST 2011

I'm resending this since in retropspect I would like to have included
 * Reference to  the original thread: https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioc-devel/2010-January/002121.html
 * cc: to original discussants

I too would like to see bioconductor developer changeLog available via RSS.

This approach:    http://weblogs.asp.net/britchie/archive/2006/09/02/RSS-Subversion-Change-Log-.aspx

Is available at:    http://research.stowers.org/mec/bioc-changeLog/log-rss.xml

Except I have not (yet) put it under cron, so it won't be updated.

Is there a better person/site to run this?

There is a way to trigger this on svn commit at the commit host, which would make it real time update, which would be grand...

It would be even better if:
    the changelog feed was formatted to include the greatest common prefix of all the modifed/changed/deleted files in the rss header
    there were separate changelog feeds for each package

Or, or???

Greets,

--Malcolm Cook - Stowers Institute - Computational Biology