[Bioc-devel] R CMD check: LaTeX errors

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Tue Mar 15 17:35:16 CET 2011

Dear Developers,

I encountered the following error. The error seems indicating that pdflatex
is not available despite the fact that I have been running R CMD check many
times without any problem. Any advice/suggestion would be very much
appreciated.

Best regards,

Julie

Running 'texi2dvi' on 'ChIPpeakAnno.tex' failed.
* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
* checking PDF version of manual without index ... ERROR
Re-running with no redirection of stdout/stderr.
Hmm ... looks like a package
sh: pdflatex: command not found
Error in texi2dvi("Rd2.tex", pdf = (out_ext == "pdf"), quiet = FALSE,  :
  unable to run 'pdflatex' on 'Rd2.tex'
Error in running tools::texi2dvi

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)