[Bioc-devel] documentation help

Stefano Berri S.Berri at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 17:21:49 CET 2011

Hi Greg

Thanks a lot for your help.
I think I am almost there, still have a warnings I cannot solve

Documentation file
+++++++++++++++++++++
\name{gcNorm}
\docType{methods}
\alias{gcNorm}
\alias{CNAnorm}
\alias{gcNorm-methods}
\alias{gcNorm, CNAnorm-method}

\usage{
\S4method{gcNorm}{CNAnorm}(object, excludeFromGCNorm = character(0),
     maxNumPoints = 10000)
}

++++++++++++++++++++++

code

++++++++++++++++++++++

setGeneric("gcNorm", function(object, ...){standardGeneric("gcNorm")})

setMethod(f = "gcNorm", signature = "CNAnorm", definition = .gcNorm)

.gcNorm <- function(object, excludeFromGCNorm = character(0), maxNumPoints =
10000){
# all the code
}

++++++++++++++++++++++

running R CMD CHECK

* checking Rd \usage sections ... WARNING
Objects in \usage without \alias in documentation object 'gcNorm':
  \S4method{gcNorm}{CNAnorm}

Functions with \usage entries need to have the appropriate \alias entries,
and all their arguments documented.
The \usage entries must correspond to syntactically valid R code.

Any help is really appreciated

thanks

Stefano