[Bioc-devel] how to build a single .Rd file

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Mar 5 02:31:49 CET 2011

On 03/04/2011 05:06 PM, Paul Shannon wrote:
> I am adding a dozen or so man pages ('.Rd' files -- there must be a better name) to 120 already written.
>
> I check the accuracy of these files by running 'R CMD check' on the entire package.  Sometimes this takes a while to run, a while before I learn of the typo I made in the man page I last edited.
>
> Is there some way to ask R to check only a single .Rd file?  Something like:
>
>   cd RCytoscape/man
>   R CMD check setNodeColorRule.Rd

Hi Paul --

R CMD check --help

shows a number of options to enhance this process, for instance
--no-vignettes --no-examples (similar options to R CMD INSTALL can
greatly speed up the install cycle during package development).

Within R, tools::checkRd and other functions are useful, e.g.,

  library(tools)
  checkRd("RCytoscape/man/CytoscapeConnection.Rd")

Martin