[Bioc-devel] resolving warnings...

Stefano Berri S.Berri at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Mar 4 11:21:23 CET 2011

Hi.
I am working to make a package for Bioconductor.
I can run

R CMD build

with no error nor warnings

but when I run

R CMD INSTALL

I have the following warnings:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
** preparing package for lazy loading
Warning in matchSignature(signature, fdef, where) :
  in the method signature for function "initialize" no definition for class:
³CNAnorm²
Warning in matchSignature(signature, fdef, where) :
  in the method signature for function "initialize" no definition for class:
³InData²
Creating a new generic function for "summary" in "CNAnorm"
Creating a new generic function for "as.data.frame" in "CNAnorm"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When running R CMD CHECK

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
* checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... WARNING
Warning in methods::findMethods(g, env) :
  non-generic function 'initialize' given to findMethods()
Warning in methods::findMethods(g, env) :
  non-generic function 'show' given to findMethods()
* checking foreign function calls ... WARNING
Warning in methods::findMethods(g, env) :
  non-generic function 'initialize' given to findMethods()
Warning in methods::findMethods(g, env) :
  non-generic function 'show' given to findMethods()

What does it mean? I have four Classes, only Class "InData" has a 'validity'
statement. InData is one slot of Class CNAnorm

Also I am a bit puzzled by the "Creating generic function..."

I have summary for all my classes, but only CNAnorm give me that message...

Thanks for your help

Stefano