[Bioc-devel] eSet extension

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 00:31:32 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Martin Morgan <mtmorgan at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> ExpressionSet has some unusual wrinkles. Also, it might make sense to extend
> NChannelSet instead of eSet.

Thanks a lot, this was super helpful.  Much cleaner than my massive
code duplication.  You may be rusty on ExpressionSet, but clearly not
as rusty as I seem to be.

Q: I was under the impression that ExpressionSet is essentially a eSet
with a forced "exprs".  Why is it unusual (backwards-compabilit) and
does this mean that I should not look at this class for inspiration
(and rather looks at eg. NChannelSet).

I'll look into extending NChannelSet instead of eSet.

Thanks again,
Kasper