[Bioc-devel] New package with methods for annotation packages

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 7 16:14:16 CET 2011

My sense is that the task can be accomplished using GSEABase where
your symbol vector needs to be a GeneSet instance with a specified
semantics for the geneIds in a given slot.  One then changes the
annotation semantics with specific methods and the token set is
translated.  This is not to say that there is an important redundancy
between your interface and GSEABase -- I can't form an opinion yet.
However I think it would be good to reuse the GSEABase infrastructure
for the task -- noting functionality gaps if some are found -- and to
encourage users to think about programming with gene sets in a more
semantically rich context than that provided by vectors of strings.