[Bioc-devel] TurboNorm: new package for fast normalization of whole genome arrays

Maarten van Iterson M.van_iterson.HG at lumc.nl
Mon Jan 3 13:12:28 CET 2011

Dear all,

I would like to introduce a package "TurboNorm" for fast normalization
of whole genome arrays based on P-splines. Here is a short description:

Among the most commonly applied microarray normalization methods are
intensity-dependent normalization methods such as lowess or loess
algorithms. Their computational complexity makes them slow and thus less
suitable for normalization of large datasets. We developed a novel
intensity-dependent normalization method for microarrays that is fast,
simple and can include weighing of observations. Our novel
intensity-dependent normalization method is simpler and faster than
current loess algorithms, and can be applied to both one- and two-colour
array data, similar to normalization based on loess.

Kind regards,

Maarten

--
Maarten van Iterson