[Bioc-devel] BioC 2.6 builds about to be stopped

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Mon Sep 27 20:56:56 CEST 2010

Hi developers,

With our next release getting close (scheduled for Oct 18, see details
here http://bioconductor.org/developers/release-schedule/), we are going
to stop the daily builds for the BioC 2.6 branch (the current release)
in a couple of days:

   http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.6/bioc-LATEST/

This will allow us to focus on the upcoming release and also to start
reallocate our limited computing resources on building the next
development version (BioC 2.8, based on R 2.13).

This means that you should stop committing changes to the 2.6 branch.
Any change committed to the 2.6 branch after tomorrow (Tuesday 28, Sept)
won't propagate to the public repositories anymore.

Please focus on getting the current devel version of your packages ready
for the upcoming release:

   http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.7/bioc-LATEST/

Unfortunately, there are still some serious unsolved issues with R
alpha on Windows that are causing a lot of failures on our Windows
build machines. Please ignore them for now.

Thanks!
H.

--
Hervé Pagès